Townsville City, QLD
Located more than 300km west of the Queensland Coast the Carmichael Project is ideally positioned to maximise the opportunities that the Galilee Basin presents, so Queenslanders reap the rewards.
The Carmichael Project is a thermal coal mine and rail project, which will transport coal from the Galilee Basin to t, delivering thousands of jobs for Queenslanders in the process.
As we ramp up to delivering a 10 million tonne per annum mine, combined with a rail line to connect the mine to the Port of Abbot Point, communities like Townsville, Rockhampton, Mackay, Bowen and the Isaac region are ideally positioned to receive new jobs and contract opportunities for local workers and businesses.
A rare opportunity to live and work in one of Australia's most tropical cities, Townsville, as well as being part of an exciting and rewarding project. This is a residential role working in our regional headquarters located on the river close to the CBD.
Reporting to the Environmental and Approvals Manager for Rail, responsibilities of the Environment Manager will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support to the Environmental & Approvals Manager to assist in the delivery of the Environment & Approval requirements of the Carmichael Rail Project
- Providing high level support and advice to the Project Delivery Team on project environmental planning and approvals related matters
- Responsibility for the development and implementation of environmental compliance programs and projects across the rail project
- Managing the field environment team in project execution
- Directing the development of an environmental and sustainability culture with vigilance, accountability, ownership, awareness and leadership across the project
- Tertiary Qualifications (Degree) in Environmental Planning, Science, Engineering or equivalent
Desired Experience & Competencies:
- Post Graduate Qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Minimum of 8 years relevant industry experience including experience with approvals and planning for major projects
- Experience working in the construction industry
- Experience in leading a project environmental team on a large scale infrastructure project
- Excellent working knowledge of Federal, State and Local statutory requirements in relation to planning and approvals legislation
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Proven ability to establish relationships with team members and an established external network
- Ability to motivate people to achieve an outstanding environmental outcome
- Computer proficient, previous use of electronic compliance tracking software is desirable
This is one of the most exciting opportunities currently available in Regional Queensland for a candidate who is able to demonstrate you are a proven self-starter with a commitment to positive outcomes. You will have the chance to work on complex and significant projects that will help you realise your true potential and personal aspirations.
We offer a dynamic environment, competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to make a difference within a global business.
Please apply by emailing your resume to RecruitmentAustralia@adani.com.au
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN STRICT CONFIDENCE
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: