Package Engineer - Civil
Townsville City, QLD
Package Engineer - Civil
Located more than 300km west of the Queensland Coast the Carmichael Project is ideally positioned to maximise the opportunities that the Galilee Basin presents, so Queenslanders reap the rewards.
The Carmichael Project is a thermal coal mine and rail project, which will transport coal from the Galilee Basin to t, delivering thousands of jobs for Queenslanders in the process.
As we ramp up to delivering a 10 million tonne per annum mine, combined with a rail line to connect the mine to the Port of Abbot Point, communities like Townsville, Rockhampton, Mackay, Bowen and the Isaac region are ideally positioned to receive new jobs and contract opportunities for local workers and businesses.
A rare opportunity to live and work in one of Australia's most tropical cities, Townsville, as well as being part of an exciting and rewarding project. This is a residential role working both in our regional headquarters and the project site.
Reporting to the Rail Package Manager (Civil), responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing the civil design, challenging and providing inputs to design a safe and cost effective civil works
- Assisting in developing construction delivery methodology and coordinating with other departments for program, cost estimates, material definition and interface issues
- Coordinating with teams to ensure productivity and performance targets are achieved
- Ensure compliance to environmental, cultural heritage, landholder and other stakeholder requirements
- Working with other infrastructure specialists to support the planning, project execution and commissioning of the rail development
- Supervising and coordinating with design, purchasing and contract administration team related to the civil package
- Bachelor degree in Civil or foundation Engineering
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Experience in middle level position in the development of Rail Infrastructure projects in Australia
- Good written and oral communication skills in English language
- Ability to travel frequently to site and other locations as required
Desired Experience & Competencies:
- Engineering experience in the construction of major coal rail infrastructure in Queensland or within Australia
- Planning and Development of materials sources for major infrastructure civil works in Queensland
- Specifications for materials used in development of major linear infrastructure in Queensland
This is one of the most exciting opportunities currently available in Regional Queensland for a candidate who is able to demonstrate you are a proven self-starter with a commitment to positive outcomes. You will have the chance to work on complex and significant projects that will help you realise your true potential and personal aspirations.
We offer a dynamic environment, competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to make a difference within a global business.
Please apply by emailing your resume to RecruitmentAustralia@adani.com.au
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN STRICT CONFIDENCE
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: