Package Manager - Track
Townsville City, QLD
With operations across logistics, agricultural and enery sectors, the Adani Group over the past 25 years has established itself as a leading infrastructure conglomerate with an integrated value chain that is unique and in many ways unparalelled anywhere in the world.
The Carmichael Coal Mine and Rail Project will involve the development of a Greenfield open-cut coal mine and associated infrastructure in the Galilee Basin, supported by rail facilities leading to the Abbot Point Coal Terminal. We are commencing construction and require an experienced Package Manager, Track to join our diverse and talented team.
Initially reporting to the Head of Rail Project, you will be responsbile for end to end delivery of track and track related works for the Carmichael Rail Network. You will also be both responsible and accountable for drafting scope of works, finalising contract and commissioning railway track infrastructure. The position will also manage track related works such as Supply of Turnouts, Supply of Rail, Supply of Sleepers, Supply of Ballast and Interface works with Earthworks, Signalling and Operations.
The successful candidate will hold a civil or foundation engineering tertiary qualification and have proven experience within the following areas:
- Review the track strcuture design, challenge and provide inputs to design a safe and cost effectice track structure;
- Evaluation of existing track delivery methods with regards to time and cost;
- Evaluation of standards required for construction materials and methodology for construction;
- Working with a team of multi discipline professionals, responsible for design and construction of the track development;
- Control and manage the project programming, time control and quality control;
- Ensure delivery against set project goals and objectives;
- Maintain productive internal and external relationships to facilitate the delivery of an effective outcome.
Skills and Experience
Ideally you will have the following:
- 20+ years experience in same or similar role;
- Held senior positions in the development of rail infrastructure projects in Australia;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge in relation to design, planning and legislative requirements;
- Excellent attitude towards safety and a demonstrated ability to comply with safety requirements.
This is one of the most exciting opportunities currently available in Queensland for a candidate who is able to demonstrate you a proven self-starter with a commitment to positive outcomes.
We offer a dynamic environment, competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to make a difference within a global business.
To apply online, please click the link provided and complete the mandatory requirements.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: