Manager, Stakeholder Relations, Strategy And Engagement
South Townsville, QLD
You have the opportunity to join the Queensland public sector; in a position of trust where you will contribute to better outcomes for Queenslanders by giving effect to the policies and priorities of the elected government.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace by supporting equal opportunities irrespective of gender, culture, generation, sexual orientation or disability. We promote a respectful workplace culture that is free from all forms of harassment, workplace bullying, discrimination and violence. We recognise the importance of supporting and retaining a mobile, flexible and agile workforce.
As Manager, Stakeholder Relations, you will establish, oversee and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, clients and local communities, ensuring effective liaison and consultation with these groups. Working within Strategy and Engagement Division, you will contribute to the development and implementation of the Government's regional strategy and oversee the operations of the Department's presence in northern Queensland.
• manage three staff working from the Department's northern Queensland offices (Townsville, Cairns and Mackay), ensuring a strongly networked regional presence and supporting an in-depth local knowledge base and positive regional profile
• develop and implement a stakeholder engagement plan that will assist in identifying emerging issues impacting your region, and local businesses and the community
• identify strategies and initiatives of various government bodies (local, state and federal) and organisations (not-for-profit and industry bodies) targeted to the broader region, and their impacts
• assist in identifying and analysing complex policy issues with a view to developing options and providing advice
• prepare or contribute to the preparation of timely and well-researched presentations, communication materials, briefs and submissions on complex issues, including Cabinet submissions
• support senior officers with preparation for inter-departmental meetings and represent the Department at meetings and local events as required
• support visits to your region by the Premier, Director-General and other senior departmental representatives, which may include preparing visit programs and providing logistical assistance
• promote departmental initiatives, programs and events in your region to ensure awareness and engagement
• undertake all relevant management and corporate activities including staff recruitment, development and reporting.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: