Environmental Health Project Officer
IPA is looking for an Environmental Health Project Officer for an immediate start with our Mackay client.
The role on offer is working full time hours Monday - Friday. The successful applicant will be employed by IPA on a labour hire basis for the duration of the assignment.
As an Environmental Health Project Officer with this business you will provide services for the protection, promotion and improvement of public health and safety of the community of the Mackay Region by providing professional advice, education, guidance, initiatives, and administration of legislation, policies, systems, methods and procedures in the field of environmental health. In particular, design, coordination and implementation of a Food Safety Rating Scheme, Eat Safe Mackay.
Key Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Food Business – Food Safety Rating Scheme – design, coordinate and implement a Mackay based scheme. Develop policy and procedures for the scheme. Educate the community and food businesses and conduct inspections to create ratings.
- Food Premises – Public Health Act, Food Act, Food Safety Standards. Inspections, written and verbal notices and annual licensing of all food premises to maintain and improve food hygiene standards. Discuss techniques, procedures and/or results with clients.
- Health Education – Assist with organising and participating in Health Education Programs such as food hygiene lectures to food workers, education and advice in relation to the Food Safety Rating Scheme.
- Other responsibilities as delegated by Management within the scope of this position
A high level of attention to detail is essential, along with a high level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Degree in Applied Science (Environmental Health) or legal equivalent qualification
- Eligibility for membership to Environmental Health Australia
- Experience working with a Food Safety Rating Scheme
Applicants will be able to demonstrate previous experience within Environmental Health and the ability to work well in a team, in a fast-paced environment.
If you are looking for a challenging role that is fast paced, working for a dynamic team, please apply today.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: