Tyre Fitter - Blackwater Otraco
Job type:Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Our world-class credentials are based on a proven ability to reduce the cost of earthmover tyre operation for major open pit miners while maximising production and enhancing safety. Entirely independent of any tyre manufacturer or supplier, we have continued to set new benchmarks in tyre performance – delivering dramatic savings with uncompromising standards of quality, safety and professionalism.
We currently have a vacancy based in QLD at the Blackwater Coal Mine which is an open cut mine located 24 kilometres south of Blackwater and 315 kilometres from the port at Gladstone in Queensland. The mine has coal reserves amounting to 877 million tonnes of coking coal, one of the largest coal reserves in Australian and the world.
We are looking for a Tyre Fitter who will exhibit an unwavering commitment to Zero Harm, to utilise their Heavy-Duty Tyre Fitting expertise in an environment that fosters progression and development.
- An understanding that safety is paramount and that it is your duty to abide by site safety procedures and safe work practices
- Possess a high level of initiative and situational awareness
- Preferably a certificate II in Automotive Mechanical Tyre Fitting Heavy Cert AUR21913 or a minimum of RIISAM 210/211
- Preferably a minimum of 2 years of Earthmover tyre fitting experience on mine sites
- A valid and current unrestricted Drivers Licence
- A current WorkSafe forklift (HR) licence
- Ability to undergo a National Police Check
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary plus overtime and allowances as applicable including, superannuation paid on all hours worked, 5 weeks paid annual leave, Paid personal leave, and a variety of other employee benefits
- An unwavering commitment to the health and safety of all our employees
- A genuine career development opportunity to further extend and build upon your Tyre Fitting experience
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- A professional and positive team atmosphere that encourages innovation and improvement
- The opportunity to define your career path within an industry leading organisation.
For further information contact Lisa at email@example.com Please note applications must be completed online. Applications emailed directly will not be accepted.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now buttonApply now
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: