HAMILTON ISLAND ENTERPRISES
Hamilton Island in the heart of the tropical Whitsundays is Australia's favourite island holiday destination.
The Reef View Hotel is Hamilton Island’s leading 4 star hotel offering lovely spacious rooms with some of the most spectacular views over the Coral Sea.
The hotel features 367 rooms and has its own restaurant, lounge, pool and bar.
An exciting opportunity is currently available for an experienced Host to join the Front Office department.
As a Host for our Reef View Hotel, you will be required to provide a professional service in a friendly and efficient manner, as you attend to guests and their requests, along with providing assistance and support to colleagues. This role will also encompass switchboard duties which will see you play a key role in effective communication during emergency situations.
About the role
- Meeting and greeting guests on arrival
- Assisting with guest check in and check out
- Promptly and professionally attending to guest needs
- Escorting guests around the island when required
- Manning the island switchboard, and assisting in emergency situations
- Provide and share tourist and local knowledge to guests
- Min 6 month experience in a guest service role within a 4 or 5 star hotel
- Possess exceptional organisational, communication and customer service skills
- Impeccable grooming and presentation
- Reliable and positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills in English
Culture and Benefits
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Pick up extra shifts through our Multi-Hire program
- Perform well, progress quickly
- Gain a qualification at the Robert Oatley College
- Subsidised staff accommodation – opportunity to save money
- Employee discounts on a range of restaurants and activities
- Discounted ferry tickets
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
To apply, click the Apply button or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: